This summer we are creating a game (that we can’t really talk about till release). The game is being built with Processing.js. One of the key issues is to be able to target multiple platforms (web, handhelds etc.) and in particular iOS. Initially we had thought about creating the game as simply a web page that you can play via the browser on whatever platform. However, due to the fact that you will likely lose screen real estate for the menu/navigation this would not be a great idea. We would also have issues when the device is turned as there isn’t a way to lock the browser in one mode (portrait or landscape).
to the <head> portion
<canvas data-processing-sources=”mypde.pde” width=”1024″ height=”768″></canvas>
into the <body> section.
I then placed the .pde file into the same folder with the index.html file and added all the other images. After that, I just built it in xcode.
There was only one problem I had and that was the fact that the build was set by default to iphone build so I ended up with this tiny little frame showing only 1/4 of my sketch. I had not done much development with iOS so it took me a while to find the place to change the setting. But after looking around I found it in the project setting -> build tab -> Targeted Device Family
changed it from iphone to ipad and it worked beautifully. I have yet to test on actual hardware so I’m not sure how bad the performance hit will be when the app is deployed.